Chris in Game mode!

Chris in Game mode!

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Updates...FINALLY!

I have been accused of being a bad blogger. I regret to inform you all that I am GUILTY! So, since I don't wish to remain on some of your black lists, here is what has been going on:
  1. HHS football is well under way!!! For those of you that are following our season, we are doing AWESOME this year. Just a quick recap: Game #1-HHS 39, Millard H.S. 6; Game #2- HHS 36, Show Low (AZ) 6; Game #3- HHS 28, Moapa (NV) 14; Game #4- HHS 28, Virgin Valley (NV) 7. Our last pre-season game is this Friday (9/19) Park City @ HHS 7:00 p.m. This is our Homecoming game.
  2. I have been working with another cake decorator as a mentor of sorts so that she can build her business. It has been a blast doing cake class with her. We have been on a field trip to learn about cake supplies and design ideas for cakes and we have been spending Saturdays teaching her some advanced techniques and trouble-shooting some of the more difficult methods of cake decorating.
  3. Shannon and I are training for our second 1/2 marathon. We thought that we were crazy to try it in the first place, but I guess that the lack of sleep, muscle aches and endless miles of (mostly) rural roads-in the dark (!) were worth it in the end. This is the perfect time to run in Southern Utah, the temperatures are nice and the boys are otherwise occupied with football!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great update Carie! See now that wasn't so hard, you'll get the hang of this in no time!! So happy about HHS's great season so far, keep up the good work....and what about them Cougs!! We were at the game on Saturday...it was very hot but the game was so worth the sunburn. Keep on blogging!

The fly-fisherman said...

Yeah! I love new posts! We love being Tiger fans this year. Well, we love it every year... but the games are way more fun when we are winning them! This weekend will be tough, but we will be victorious. See ya Friday. Go Big Red! Next week you will have to post pictures of the various stages of Chris' coaching and tell the meaning behind them. You know, headset off = mad, headset and hat off= look out, etc.

Anonymous said...

wow! you are so ambitious running a marathon! and those cakes are amazing!! that's so fun to see! I miss you guys!! Tell Chris good luck with football and it's fun seeing him once in a while when he comes trekking up with russ:) I'll have to come bye and visit you at the salon sometime! see ya!

The Hyde's said...

Your cakes are beautiful Carie you are so talented. Running is addictive I am glad to hear you are doing your second 1/2 marathon now you need to run the St. George full marathon next year. Macy is almost a year and I started running again about a month ago. Who knows maybe I will see you on the road sometime or at race. We miss seeing you guys you need to come down to Vegas and have dinner and visit with us.

The Hyde's said...

Carie, We need your new address so we can send you a Christmas card. We moved about six months ago and here is our new addres 10312 Carolina Hills Avenue Las Vegas, Nevada 89144. Hope all is well with you guys. Happy Halloween!!

Erin said...

I just found your blog when I was blog hopping and thought I would say hi. Looks like you haven't updated in awhile but it was a good football season. I know the awards night is tonight but Chet and I are both busy. Wish we could be there to celebrate such a good season.

Anonymous said...

Carie... My mom told me about you. You are in my prayers. I love you and all your talents. PS you should ask my mom sometime why August is such an AWESOME month.

Anonymous said...

Dang it... That post up there is from Kaci not Nancy. I forgot that I am on my mom's computer. DUHHHHHHH

McArthurs said...

Hey Carie... This is Kendra. I have been stocking your blog from Kami and I thought OH it says "Finally Updates" I better check this out. To my surprise it was from back in Sept. :) Anyways I think its time for more updates....